Check Rates, Save or Enquire!
Save this for later, check what the price is for your dates or check availability.
Clay Pigeon Shooting has absolutely nothing to do with pigeons- dead or alive. Clay Pigeon shooting is more aptly named Clay Target shooting because it is all about shooting at round spinning clay targets that look and fly like miniature frisbees.
The Gun laws in the UK are very restrictive for safety and other social reasons. Clay pigeon shooting involves the use of real live shotguns which may well be the first time that some of you have handled a "proper" gun. Safety is the all important concern with real guns and your instructor will ensure that you handle the guns with the utmost care. Ear protection is mandatory and must be worn at all times.
There is nothing quite like the first time you squeeze the trigger of a shotgun and witness that spinning clay target vanish in a puff of smoke. For some people it will be a defining moment in their lives. Clay pigeon shooting historically links back to the shooting of live animals. The Clay targets are launched and fly in different manners loosely simulating the flights or movements of birds like pheasants grouse pigeons and ducks.
- The instructors will present fairly easy targets to start with and gradually move on to harder more testing "birds" as confidence and ability increases.
- This Clay shooting package includes gun hire cartridges and targets with the mandatory use of the centres safety policy.
- Only in exceptional circumstances will persons under the age of about 14-15 be allowed to participate.
- Gun safety is very important and part of that requires a maturity that some youngsters may not be able to demonstrate.
- Centre has got 5 different traps located in a variety of positions; a high pheasent grouse crossing pigeon rabbit and down the line.
- Offer fully instructed sessions for beginners.