Torquay, Devon Activities & Things To Do
There is something for the entire family at the English Riviera in Torquay, Devon. Marine life for the kiddies to become enchanted with, plenty of attractions to visit, and engaging activities on and in the gorgeous bay at the English Riviera in Southern Devon at Torquay.
Popular Landmarks in Torquay
- Kent’s Cavern Torquay- Visit the easily accessible caverns dating back to the Stone Age. The tours are highly acclaimed with many prestigious awards to back it up. A fun family adventure open daily all year round.
- English Riviera Geopark Trails- There is 22 miles of beautiful coastline to explore, including trails featuring geology as old as 400 million years.
- Torre Abbey- Recently renovated to accommodate visitors searching for peace and solitude as the monks did over 800 years ago. Meander through the gardens or the medieval halls of Torre Abby for a blissful, rewarding trip.
- Living Coasts Torquay- Adorable penguins, fur seals, sea ducks, puffins, and wonderful coastal creatures live here love it here by all who visit this exhibit. Many visitors swear by the excellent photo opportunities captured at the exhibit for the entire family to remember their trip forever.
Fun Daily Activities around Torquay
The shops and cafes at the harbor and marina are perfect for relaxing after sightseeing. Stroll for souvenirs or simply take in the artwork made of pottery and glass. Fresh fish caught straight from the harbor sooths hearty appetites in a healthy manner. If you are looking for a small bite to eat in the afternoon or a fabulous dining experience for dinner, the seaside restaurants are where you want to be.
• Beaches • Boat Trips • Diving • Ferries • Fishing • Watersports • Theaters • Dinosaur World • Gardens • Golfing • Museums
Nightlife in Torquay
- Walk with a loved one or solo style up the romantic steps of the Royal Terrace Gardens while soaking up the moonlight reflecting off the sea is one of the favorite things to do at night in Torquay.
- Take in a show at the Princess Theater, or enjoy the nightlife at one of the many festivals held year round. The exhilarating nightlife in Torquay exists in the many pubs, bars, upscale cocktail houses and clubs, or invented in a unique combination of events by each individual visitor.
Best Times of Year to Visit Torquay
The facts state the driest time of year to visit Torquay is April. In addition, the hottest month in Torquay is July, which is about 20 degrees Celsius (68 degrees Fahrenheit). Follow the link below to investigate the wind speeds during each month, the precipitation, and so forth. Extremely useful link for discovering precise information based on your plans for activities.